Saturday, June 24, 2006

still learning...

juz when u thot u've grown up and seen the world.. u realise that there is still so much in life to learn.. i've learnt more lessons for the past week..

my work has been as usual after my sick leave.. thurs, fri and mon.. nothing more exciting then interviewing pple and going for media interviews.. and having expensive lunches with big shots.. haha..

after which was the long awaited foc.. a mon-thurs camp.. i joined in only on mon night.. and had to leave on wed.. perhaps coz of the gap between me and the freshies coz i din join in at first.. perhaps i din put in the effort in the first place coz i was exceptionally tired.. or maybe coz i've changed roles to become a councillor instead of an on freshie juz having that drive to be enthusiastic.. it was different.. a feeling of nostalgia.. a feeling that i've outgrown this.. that i no longer belong to it.. no doubt sentosa was fun because it was always wad i thot was the highlight of the camp.. but it was not so much the games but more coz of the pple.. i noe most seniors who are there.. i'm familiar with the pple and culture.. i have frens there.. more importantly i've come to realise how much bizad has shaped my personality.. whether i like it or not..

i thank those who have given me words of concern when i most needed them.. the trauma made me so vulnerable i broke down without knowing why.. i dare not say that the accident changed my life.. but it has definitely woken me up to my priorities in life.. and of course it has taught me a most inexpensive lesson in life.. i am only grateful for the low cost of wad could have been cost me my life or the lives of others.. the most heartwarming words were those of gravity with concern, letting me understand that i'm but a 20 year old in this world.. still learning..