Friday, May 26, 2006

last day of freedom

today marks another last day of freedom.. after which i noe i will be bound by the knowledge of my results.. perhaps coz people see who u are through ur results.. perhaps coz i see myself through my results.. although i totally understand the problems of a result orientated education system.. but it's juz perfectionist rebecca and her expectations i guess.. somehow i get identified or named after my CAP score by frens, by acquaintances and more interestingly, by plain strangers..

it was rumoured that the results are already out.. for some people.. i remained calm and composed.. and when asked if i'll check it out today.. i plainly said "not interested".. haha.. ok maybe i'm not being too honest here.. but really there isn't any temptation for me to go onto NUS website, sit through the waiting process, type in my matric no and password, and sit through another waiting process without being sure that the results will pop out at me.. and i don't see why i should sit through the suspense being uncertain, risking another time of torturous moments.. seriously this whole process is not suitable for those with weak heart.. haha.. and i have no intention of shortening my days of freedom.. not yet.. haha.. and hi frens.. if i neva volunteered my results.. juz don't ask me.. and never ever probe.. be a true fren.. thx.. haha.. =)

oh gotta update abt my new found poor poor paying internship.. and now i finally realise wad benefit that guy gets out of being so nice.. basically he gets cheap labour.. i mean really cheap one.. i'm being paid S$600 a month! right.. it's not salary.. it's allowance which i'm not too sure whether it can even cover my daily meals and transporation.. starting next mon 5 day week 8.45am - 5.30pm.. the only attractive thing is prob the attractive job scope and experience involved.. and the feeling of working in shenton way.. oh well i'll only be working for one and a half months.. having foc smacked right in the middle.. hopefully i can take leave?? haha.. i'll negotiate and see how it goes..

on a more serious note.. our dear joan has gone back home with the Lord.. i'm glad that it sounds like her family and frens are coping alright.. and i'm sure her story and spirit will forever remain in our hearts.. and may this true fighter find peace in the beautiful world beside Him..