Sunday, May 13, 2007

eventful week

i should be sleeping now, given the experience i had for the past week of being part of the corporate world.. besides squeezing into mrts and trying my best to maximise sleep and minimise probably of being late, it is about making efforts in the internship to stay busy and not bother my supervisors too much for work.. trust me.. having work is always better than having no work in my case.. i spent the first 2 days juz plain reading.. and that was the most painful experience i have ever had.. i have never been so desperate to anticipate the arrival of my laptop, which finally meant that i could quit pretending to be busy when there was absolutely nothing to do, and relieve my guilt of always being the first to leave the office on time.. fortunately people there are understanding and friendly, and i have a fellow intern as company, which allowed me to survive what i call the lost 2 days in my life (with respect to the lost decade for japan haha) what followed was work which i was so happy to receive, and spreadsheets after spreadsheet of data to analyse.. so it wasn't as idiot proof as i thought.. well i proudly used some of my IT skills i learnt haha.. macros! saved me some effort really.. but i believe there's a whole lot to learn at group audit.. as much as it may sound accounting it actually is equity fx and interest rates everyday rather than financial statements.. well it's all too early to say, and indeed i have to admit that i still don't really noe what is going on..

work aside, i was really really grateful for the weekend.. precious weekend really for everyday free time seemed a luxury.. dunno how corporates actually survive.. i wanted to juz stay home and sleep my weekend away, of course considering that i am a person who needs plenty of sleep.. but friday was great with wire in the blood surpassing itself episode by episode.. saturday was great though i had to wake up early for a handover for my cca.. had a good exercise playing squash and i felt so much healthier after which, without the aching i expected to have.. followed by a great dinner! watched nadal-davydenko tennis match which was extremely rewarding.. and slept almost the whole morning away.. it is always the best thing to sleept without having to set the alarm clock.. woke up to watch prison break 2 haha was interesting and exciting looking forward for the next episode! started preparing for mother's day present when my mum went out.. haha no one can guess what present i gave to my mum (upon her own request.. she's really good in demanding her own present haha) went to to mel's birthday party!!! haha happy 21st birthday mel really enjoyed the decorating and talking and ice creaming there though it was short.. went home to celebrate my dad's bday.. yes it was indeed eventful for me.. and finally i gave my mum her present with one eye coz i couldn't remove the contact lens from one of my eye after the umpteemth attempt.. haha so i was techincally spared coz my mum was more worried abt my eye..

reluctant to go to sleep now coz i wanna play my computer games and watch tv.. but i noe i gotta go sleep.. fortunately i'll be on a course tmr so it doesn't demand so much attention i guess.. but i hope it'd be rewarding tmr such that i could finally find out wad's going on around here.. :) the start of another hectic week for me.. i believe this week will be better in terms of work.. and finally i understand why people say that the life of a student is always better.. i muz learn to cherish that really..