Friday, April 13, 2007

updates

great.. i haven't been blogging for a month plus and yet i didn't realise that time just flew past.. and yes thank you avid readers.. this is an update for u haha.. well i think i'll leave out the details and focus on the main parts for the past month..

internships.. which took up a whole lot of time after my last post.. the march period was almost dedicated to interviews and the applications which can amount to about 20 now.. i mean applications not interviews haha.. was a confusing and depressing process because i realised that i haven't exactly been desired by the market.. well fortunately my little bit of reputation in school managed to get me recommendations which turned out well.. i'm happy now.. really happy to have gotten one at DBS.. though i have heard some opinions about my internship i still stay as grateful as before.. oh and i rejected my four seasons internship for DBS coz they rejected me at first.. hahah sounds like de javu eh.. law faculty.. oh well.. i'll be working at 6 shenton way!!! haha i juz love the place coz it seems to be the centre of everything.. 16 level.. think i'll have some view to look at.. :)

settled 3 months of my hols.. and then i'll have 3 weeks before i leave for NYU!! i'm still looking forward to that really.. though now i'm starting to get worried about myself and how i'm gonna cope because it suddenly struck that i'll have to settle everything myself.. but it'll be an experience.. going to be travelling, watching broadway.. yay..

speaking of broadway.. i watched phantom of the opera 2 days ago and it was FANTASTIC!!! prob it's juz my love for musicals.. this is the second time i'm watching it and it is still as good as can be.. well i almost cried at the end because the phantom was really really excellent that night.. the way he sang, and acted and he cried.. and i realised he used to be doing it in broadway.. no wonder.. the previous time i watched it in taiwan last year i thot the phantom wasn't up to standard.. this time christine was a little disappointing though.. but the stage work and sets were fabulous as well.. and i found myself singing along every song during the concert.. haha freaky..

today is the last day of school for me.. well after my internship search ended about 2 weeks ago, i started to realise that i have been neglecting my work.. and on top of that, presentations and reports were starting to be due.. the most worrying thing, however, is that up till now i'm still not panicking and yet it's 7 days to my first paper.. wow.. there's something really wrong with me now.. inertia which cannot be overcome due to large mass?!?! haha.. ok maybe after realising it today i'm gonna to pick up my books and begin intensive mugging session.. yet i'm really spoilt this sem and without 8 hrs of sleep i cannot function at all.. sigh.. fortunately my exams this sem is almost all qualitative and open book.. fortunately..

what else.. oh love life is empty as usual.. having no life as usual.. panicking at the last minute as usual.. promising myself that i will not end up like that next sem as usual.. haha ok maybe it won't really matter next sem heh.. well i think i'll end off with this.. if u think it is difficult to talk to people in presentations or conversations, try talking to a video camera.. then u'll cherish every moment that u are talking to people and not a machine.. trust me.. from personal experience, it's a lot harder than u think it is.. :)

to all: study hard and gambatte! (jap overdose haha)