Friday, May 04, 2007

peaceful disaster

disastrous day with a peaceful ending.. tt's probably a good description of today.. the last few days have been alright.. shopping watching movie spending a lot of money.. haha.. prob what people do when they are free involves $, so i spent more than the past month in juz 2 days.. heh :)

the sign to a bad day is waking up realising ur handphone batt is flat and that u have not much time to charge it.. so i smartly brought my charger down to the breakfast area to make sure i don't forget my phone when i step out of the house.. well the story is of course that despite all my efforts, my brain didn't exactly cooperate..

my mood hasn't been really good ever since i permed my hair and din really like the way it turned out.. and today i wanted to dye it hoping it might look less ugly.. and then the hairdresser refused to pick up my call today to let me noe if she'd be there.. alright.. i had to go to the area anyway coz i needed to pick up my contact lenses.. and considering i did not bring my phone my hairdresser couldn't even call me back to let me noe she was in the shop already.. but anyway luckily they managed to contact my mum to tell me and i was there happily noeing that there was a little more hope with my hair then..

great.. i din turn out bad but my mood din really change for the better coz i realised it looked very much the same overall.. after spending $80.. hoping my new contact lenses will make me happier, i went looking for my optician.. great.. my optician wasn't in the shop and he would only be there in an hour's time.. and i had an appoitment with a friend which couldn't spare me that one hour.. my mistake.. i din give him a call and assumed he'd be there as early as his shop opens.. i noe i couldn't spare next week either coz i would have started working, i could only juz hope that somehow i could makedo and end up there next week after work or sth..

wow.. that wasn't very much of a boost to my mood.. so generally i was grumpy and annoyed.. went to look for my mum and dad preparing to go for my appoitment.. i spent the morning without contact lenses looking like a perfect auntie with my permed hair and spectacles because i had to rest them for the optician to check the curvature or sth.. and yes the minute i put in my contact lenses the optician calls my dad (again after failing to contact me on my handphone) and lets me noe that he was there already.. frantically realising i could still make it if it were only gonna take half and hour, i rushed over to the optician again and got my new soft disposable contact lenses.. checking my eyesight was always saddening.. esp when new lenses don't correct astig.. sigh..

new lense, new hair, i realised i would be slightly late to meet my friend now.. great.. the best i could do was to rush there asap.. without a phone.. ok my fren called me 5 times.. my fault i noe.. i couldn't apologise more.. but all turned out well fortunately.. i was a happier person after shopping.. it's perhaps very seldom that i actually buy clothes myself.. and when i was about to buy an office wear shirt.. i had to be out of stock.. haha but that din really dampen my mood that much la.. so i felt like my day was gonna turn out better..

happy shopping, then realising when i got home that i could settle more stuff for exchange like tix and accommodation.. i got happier.. realised a way to make my hair nicer.. i got happier.. well it turned out everything went quite my way in the end.. and it had to be that i realised i don't noe how to remove my lenses.. ok i'm a hard lens wearer since i was 12.. so that's 10 years.. and suddenly telling me that i had to touch my eyeball to pinch out my lenses.. that's like.. ok i don't noe how to do it.. by the time at night i realised my eyes were extremely dry and soft lenses din feel as comfortable as it sounded.. fortunately my bro juz happened to come back home and helped me a great deal over there.. really fortunately.. otherwise i might be spending the night attempting to remove my lenses and being the first ever person who is unsuccessful in that..

a disaster averted with my family's help.. really glad to have this day reminding myself again the importance of them all..