Saturday, March 25, 2006

the perfectionist at work

wow probably my blog's gonna be a fortnightly visit for myself already... gotta revive it.. haha.. been a real hectic week for me with all the projects kicking in and deadlines coming up.. i've completely put away my club stuff completely.. it's been taking up too much of my life...

and once again the perfectionist is at work.. can't stop myself but i'm seeking perfection in almost all my projects.. to the extent that my group mates start feeling guilty that i'm doing everything.. and i'm start feeling guilty that i'm taking up all the work to do.. hmmm.. that sounds a little contridicting..

i just can't help it.. for IT coz my shifu say it would be easier if the code is written by one person.. so in the end it's me coz i have a shifu to fall back on.. the user form and the codes were all done by shifu and me.. haha.. and i juz want to make it robust.. so i tested it in every way possible and ask my group members to do the same.. hoping to achieve a higher level of perfection for the project.. but gotta admit that it's almost applying all the IT concepts.. hence i learnt a lot from it.. and the sense of achievement when i debug something is immense.. trust me..

perhaps it's coz of expectation from myself as well as my peers.. i really wanna do well in everything.. in every single project or component.. it's abt pushing my limits to a higher level of excellence.. and i think i sound like a perfectionist freak now.. din noe i had these tendencies before.. or perhaps i'm just aspiring to be like someone.. what i call 'live his spirit'.. whenever i feel down or tired the thought of him never fails to inspire and motivate.. it feels good and comforting.. i never realised the impact of a thought could be so powerful till now..